Monday, January 25, 2010

Working Girl... Casual Office


I'm super excited to start my new job for many reasons... and I've gotta say I'm pretty thrilled for the casual dress code at the office.

As a girl who had to wear a suit almost every day at my last DC job, I can't wait to throw on jeans and flats and head to work!


While spending money on clothes I can wear in and out of the office is a dream (rather than the big bucks for suits!), I'm still trying to figure it out. This weekend, I hit up some sales to buy some tees, cardis, and statement necklaces. Still on my list are jeans and flats.

Any readers out there have casual dressing tips for the office?

7 comments:

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

I don't think you need any tips, the styles you have here are gorgeous! I'd say anything from J.Crew would be a good bet. Then you have good quality and a bit of glitz while still pulling off the casual vibe. You're going to look fantastic on your first day!
XX Kate

Prippy Handbook said...

Kate - you're too sweet! Thanks you!

DC is so conservative, that after working in NYC most recently I feel a little too fashion forward. But I'm sure I'll find the right balance!

PC said...

You will figure it out soon enough. I had to make the same transition once upon a time.I never imagined you could make good money wearing jeans and a t-shirt~ it was that casual. Yes, I made the mistake of wearing a suit the first day. Have fun with the new j-o-b!

SeeJanePartyEvents said...

Love that jacket in the second pic. Where's it from?

Prippy Handbook said...

The jacket is from last season J. Crew... but that color has been back in stores this season!

Lindsay said...

So exciting to have a job where you can dress casually! I think skinny jeans, flats, a tee and a blazer is always a chic look.

Prippy Handbook said...

Agreed, SS - I'm looking forward to feeling stylish at the office. After hunting around, I found a perfect pair of skinny jeans at... Old Navy! After all of my shopping, I just need to find a red cardi and some super comf ballet flats and then I'll be good to go (to work)!