Friday, January 22, 2010

How to Celebrate Great News


How do you celebrate great news? I guess it depends on the news, right!

Well in this case, I got an amazing job offer today! Pretty exciting stuff, and I'm feeling very lucky to get a job I'd dreamed about in this gloomy economy.


I have a tradition when it comes to my career accomplishments - I head to the Ritz in Georgetown and have drinks either by the fire, or looking out at the river... depending on the time of year. You'll be able to find Bryan and me there late this afternoon, sipping on champagne.

To me, treating yourself and celebrating personal accomplishments is incredibly important.

When this tradition started, I was by myself toasting a new job... and the professional possibilities it offered. It's been an adventure since then, and I can't wait for this next chapter and to reflect on what got me to this point over some delicious drinks in a beautiful environment.

Do you celebrate your accomplishments in a special way?

4 comments:

Navy Bean said...

Congratulations!! What a great way to start 2010!

Prippy Handbook said...

Thanks! It will be a lot of fun and a creative job in my field, so I'm excited. 2010 is where it's at!

Me said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA I am so freakin' proud! Way to go babe!
XOXOXOXOX
K

Lindsay said...

Congratulations and thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm loving your posts and definition of "prippy" style!