Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Weekly Reads... NYT What You Get For


One of my favorite columns in the NYT each week is the "What You Get For... $" in the Real Estate section.

Every week, they look at 3 homes for sale across the U.S. that fit within a certain price range... from the high end, to the low end. The picture above is a Chicago loft on the market for $400,000.


Since I've lived in some of the more expensive spots in the country, I start dreaming when I see what you get outside of the big cities. A few weeks ago, I tried to talk my boyfriend into moving to Portland, Maine so I could live in the $250,000 house above. A girl can dream, can't she!

3 comments:

Ebony Arwen said...

That bottom house is fantastic! I can see why you would wanna live there :)

Ebony Arwen said...

Ok this is now one of my favourite things to do. Scope houses on this site. You have me addicted! I would love to live in America one day.

Prippy Handbook said...

It is completely addictive! I am like a kid on Christmas on Wednesdays. I'm loving your blog and seeing your great pics of Australia. So happy you stumbled across my blog so I could learn of yours!

There is another house on the Hudson River that is so beautiful and affordable. I'll try and find it for a post for you!