Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Prippy of Influence... Tory Burch


Okay, I'm pretty much convinced Tory Burch is an ideal example of the Prippy aesthetic. Ethnic prints mixed with v-neck cable knits while wearing flip-flops... Prippys have been doing that for decades!

Tory's suburban Philadelphia upbringing also explains her Prippy look. I can just imagine her back in high school rocking wool clogs on her way to school with an inappropriately low buttoned oxford clothe shirt... in fact, that pretty much sums up my average high school outfit!

I love Tory's style, and clearly she draws heavily from her Prippy forefathers - got to love her for that! I'd even bet she has a copy of "The Preppy Handbook" in her office for inspiration.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

mine too.. navy boiled wool clogs from the bean... violation of the THS dress code too since they were open back. wore 'em anyway.

Anonymous said...

I agree! Tory Burch has got some style!

Navy Bean said...

I love her too! Now, if I could only afford a wardrobe full of her clothes. *Sigh* There's a great article on her in the style compass section of 1st Dibs: http://navybeanonline.blogspot.com/2009/12/1st-dibs-style-compass.html if you haven't seen it already!

Me said...

sooo true- there is much to say about chicks who live off rt.202 (as Tory, you, and I did)