Monday, December 7, 2009

Joyeux Noël


My handsome BF works for a French company, and let me tell you... they throw one heck of a Holiday party!

Here in DC, work holiday parties take on a whole new meaning since so much "business" is done through socializing. Usually, they can blur together into one big open bar! So, it was a lovely surprise to see how the French celebrate the season with their office "family."

The food was amazing, drinking was in celebration (rather than to dull the work chat), and there were more kids than adults. Someone must have known I was not part of the team, and explained that family is a complete priority for the company... how refreshing is that! I was really touched by the effort made for all families to enjoy themselves.

As I sipped my Beaujolais Nouveau (SO delicious!), I watched the children perform with the karaoke DJ. When the boss's daughter performed Edith Piaf in French, it really felt like Christmas!

How have your holiday parties been going? Would love to hear about them!

No comments: