Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Style and Substance... "An Education"


Nick Hornby's "An Education" was all that I could hope for and more! I'll put it out there, I'm a huge fan of Hornby's books and past films... especially "About a Boy." This film is so stylish, so compelling, well... it's just flat out amazing. Oh, and the soundtrack is wonderful!


The characters are well cast, with highly developed leads played by Carey Mulligan and Peter Sarsgaard. Both are fantastic! Rosamund Pike, in a supporting role, is also a stand out and drop dead gorgeous. She's a total swan, as Truman Capote would say.


Although this movie takes place in the early 1960's, I think it speaks a lot of truth to life in any time and at any age. I left the movie thinking about what things in life have taught me the most.

It definitely begs the question - Are your biggest mistakes also your greatest learning experiences?

No comments: