Friday, November 20, 2009

Pilgrims vs Indians


Don't get me wrong, Thanksgiving is a great holiday... food, football. booze... but it's no Halloween! This year, my Southern gentleman friend is throwing an "Orphans Thanksgiving," for those of staying in D.C. and not trekking out into traffic for journeys home. I think it's a great idea, and eating deep fried turkey and sweet potatoes sounds like heaven!

Last night, I was walking past a costume shop in my neighborhood and saw Pilgrim and Indian costumes in the window... which got me thinking about how much fun it would be to have Team Pilgrim vs. Team Indian Thanksgiving festivities! The plan is to make Pilgrim hats and Indian headdresses for my fellow "Turkey Orphans," and then let the games begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're gonna be frying a turkey next door? Oh lord... We'll be here with Ry's parents and a rag-tag group of orphans as well. Let's try and have a drink together now that I can imbibe ok?

I'm so routing for the "Native Americans"... or is "Amer-indian" more appropriate?