Monday, November 9, 2009

I Love You, New Orleans... Cocktails


While our good time wasn't simply fueled by exotic booze drinks, it definitely was a part of the experience! We had Monsoons at Port of Call (note to self, not the cocktail to have as your last of the evening!). It tastes like Red Drink... I'm sure you know what I mean!


That's Paul at Tujagues pouring me some English Milk Punch... YUM! The drink takes him three days to make, involves cheese clothe, and has so many ingredients in it that he even forgot some without the recipe in front of him. Paul is a true cocktail enthusiast, while still being a great bartender who doesn't smirk if someone orders a Bud Light.


Milk Punch... Meet Sazerac! Paul has been written up for making the best of this New Orleans cocktail. My aversion to Rye Whiskey led me to only take a taste, but my boyfriend enjoyed it! Paul was proud to share the accolades he's received from Esquire and famous bar reviews. Totally deserved!


If these drinks aren't to your liking, pick a Between the Sheets, Bee's Knees, International, or White Tiger... to name a few. Yeah... I didn't know what they were either, but Paul was happy to help! Plus, there's always Abita!

No comments: