Monday, October 26, 2009

In My Library... Peggy Guggenheim



I've got a quick response every time the question of "name 3 people, living or dead, you would have to dinner" comes up, and Peggy Guggenheim is definitely one of them! After finding her biography cover, Art Love: A Biography of Peggy Guggenheim interesting while on a trip to the Hirshhorn Museum in college, I bought it and loved every page!

[Photo: Art patron Peggy Guggenheim at the Museum of Modern Art in 1942 from Associated Press]

Her incredible life, impeccable taste, and volatile personality make it an amazingly quick read. The history surrounding her collection, and her love life, are full of unbelievable events. Peggy's bold and brave taste has definitely influenced my own, and her life story is one I keep coming back to over and over again! Plus, gotta love her shades!

No comments: