Friday, October 30, 2009

Costume Contender... "Working Girl"

[Photograph: 20th Century Fox/The Kobal Collection]

"Working Girl" is one of my favorite movies of all time. I LOVE it! I've seen it so many times I can't even estimate the number, and Carly Simon's "Let the River Run" has been a theme song for my life! Love this movie!

So, as I've been trying to figure out my last minute Halloween costume for tomorrow, this movie came to mind.


My plan is simple... recruit a costume-less friend to be Tess McGill and find a preppy old suit at Goodwill to dress as the amazingly bitchy WASP Katherine Parker. I'm sure I can even rope in a Jack Trainer. I have crutches and a boot from a horrible squash injury a few years back (couldn't make it up if I tried) that really channel Sigourney Weaver's great moment of accusing Tess of stealing her idea by pointing a crutch in her face. Classic!

Ah, this movie is too great! Check out "Let the River Run" and feel the inspiration!

1 comment:

Me said...

I love it!
-Kendra