Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wedding (Guest) Dress... And I Need Your Help


Truth be told, I haven't been a big Banana Republic fan in years... but today I needed a little retail therapy to cure a rough day at the office, and I was pleasantly surprised to find this gorgeous dress at a reasonable price right inside the door.

These photos don't do the dress justice... it is way more vibrant and totally a maxi in real life (and I'm 5'9"!).


WIth the slew of weddings I have this spring and summer, I know I'll get a ton of use out of this beauty... but I really need your help!

I'd love to perfectly accessorize it with some statement earring... or a perfect necklace... and it would be AMAZING to have your help! So pretty please let me know if you've seen any great pieces out there to complete my look.

7 comments:

Zaira Mabel said...

Oh I just bought a similar dress at Macys! Beautiful, you can play so much with this long dress!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

Oh darling, I have no fashion sense! But, the dress is lovely and I bet you look stunning in it. Post pictures of you an B together!

About Last Weekend said...

You would have a better idea than me, I am useless at Maxis, they all look ghastly on me, but bet this looks fab on you. In fact from your profile pic you seem to look exactly like the model in the second pic (I thought it was you.) If you have long hair, long dangly numbers would be great in a old silver, like the necklace shown. Something off-beat and a bit tougher.

Unknown said...

I was just looking at that dress online! I love it!

That Girl in Pearls said...

How gorgeous! Definitely don't underestimate Banana Republic. They have some really cute stuff! I usually wear flat sandals with maxi dresses, but I have seen them with heels too. I think if you went with heels, make it a neutralish wedge. There's already plenty going on with the dress so I don't think you need much!

Hope you have a wonderful day!
B.

That Girl in Pearls

Prippy Handbook said...

Thanks for all of the help! The dress is even cooler in person and the pattern really works the color combo.

And Beatriz... I'm definitely stopping in BR sooner rather than later after my recent finds!

Unknown said...

Great find! I think add some big and fabulous gold and turquoise earrings, and you are good to go!