Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Needlepoint Roots...


"Spring is about change, but sometimes it's good to remember that we all come from somewhere. The Flint pillow reminds me that I managed to claw my way out of a crap town in New Jersey and make it to the big city." -Jonathan Adler

Yep... Jonathan Adler and I are from the same part of Jersey, in fact, we rode the same bus briefly (I was a teeny tiny little noodle!).

Fortunately, I have rosier memories of my early days growing up there... and perhaps some good taste was in the water.

3 comments:

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

A guy that I share pottery studio space with told me that he once hired an attorney who is Jonathan Adler's father.

Prippy Handbook said...

I love that story! And I'd love to see your pottery! Oh... and I'd love to see you!

Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said...

I don't know if there is any merit to that story, but it was a good one! I really need to be better about taking photos of my stuff. The problem is that all the "good pieces" are given away or sold! I want to see you, too. My birthday will be here before too long, and I really need a get-away, so maybe a meet-up somewhere? I'll keep you in the loop!