Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Delicious, Delicious... Grape Gazpacho


With this summer heat taking a toll on my appetite (not complaining!), I've been loving simple cold soups for dinner.


My favorite has been a grape gazpacho from the delicious and adorable gourmet pizza shop in my neighborhood, Seventh Hill. If you're in DC, it's worth the trip!

After craving this perfect summer dinner night after night, I decided to try it on my own and love the recipe below from Chowhound. Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS

~ 2 cups peeled, seeded, and diced cucumbers
~ 2 cups seeded and diced tomatillos
~ 2 cups diced white grapes
~ 1/4 cup ginger juice
~ Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste

1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl; season to taste.

2. Place three-fourths of the mixture in a food processor and process until smooth.

3. Put it back in the bowl with remaining fruit and vegetables and stir to combine. Serve chilled.

2 comments:

hip hip gin gin said...

This sounds absolutely perfect for a sweltering day like today. Every summer I start a collection of no cooking required recipes and this is definitely being added!

Prippy Handbook said...

It's soooo good, Em. Plus, it gives you an excuse to stand in front of your fridge!