Monday, September 20, 2010

Skunked...


I don't think I ever told you guys about what happened to one of our adorable pup pups over Labor Day Weekend... she got skunked!

We were at the beach with my family, and she didn't come when called. After a minute, she busted into the house with a smell like no other. Have you ever smelled skunk spray? Not as cute as the French skunks make it seem in cartoons.

After some scrambling and comparing of old wife's tales about odor removers (vinegar, tomato paste, mud), turns out plain old shampoo does the trick just fine.

I still laugh thinking about my friends and family frantically yelling cures to Bry and I as we hosed down the poor lady! Definitely one of my favorite summer memories...

6 comments:

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Oh gosh! Skuns are cute, but unfortunately stinky.

Unknown said...

Growing up my dog was sprayed so hard we tasted it and our eyes watered! It lingered for days...and we even did the tomato juice bath, which somehow seemed to have made it worst! ugh! Hope everything is smelling fresh and sweet over there!

Navy Bean said...

Ugh! Poor puppy! I remember our cat getting skunked once... definitely not a fun experience!

Prippy Handbook said...

Poor pups... they are like a moth to a flame with skunks. I honestly think my dog thought it was an exotic squirrel!

hip hip gin gin said...

Oh dear! Been there, done that, so I feel your pain! Except in our case both the dog and my husband got sprayed so they were in the tub with the tomato juice together. It was quite the sight, and funny now but not something I ever want to relive.
But that tiny baby skunk sure is cute.

Edd said...

OMG.. My little 2.8 pounds Yorkie. got skunked twice in 4 days.. worst experience speacially after ran into the house and start rubbing himself 1st time on the sofa. 2nd time he jumped on my bed and rubbed him self and peed.. he was so scared I was yelling on him not to run cause when he was getting sprayed.

bad experience.